Saturday 18 October 2014

Caramel Croissant Pudding 焦糖牛角面包布丁



Croissant is my only favourite and always the first choice bread in the world. The buttery, soft and flakiness of the croissant is driving me crazy. The price of croissant in Malaysia is quite high, around RM2 to RM2.80 each. Most of the time I'm having croissant is just in hotel's breakfast buffet or some pastry cafes. I'm rarely buying croissant from the bakery shop. 

So I keep searching the recipe online and also learn the technique of making croissant. Most of the recipes and techniques are almost the same. I think I have tried to make croissant at least 5 times, but unfortunately non of it is successful. The final product was like a biscuits or something hard dough breads.



I know making croissants need to be patient, but making croissants in Malaysia is a pain in ass due to the tropical weather, so the butter will melt faster when take out from the fridge. Sigh! But this time I try again, I really improved a lot, at least it shows some layers and also the texture is soft. I think I have to keep practicing until I really can make a real flakiness croissants.

*If you are same like me failing in making real croissants, don't be down or sad. At least you can turn this failed croissants to a extremely yumilicious bread pudding. Trust me, this will cheer you up so much!




Ingredients:
3 stale      Croissants (or 4 pieces of White Bread / Whole Wheat Bread)
100g      Brown Sugar
2 tbsp      Water
125ml      Heavy Cream
125ml      Whole Milk
1 tbsp      Rum (optional)
2      Large Eggs (beaten)
Some Raisins

材料:
3 块      牛角面包 (或4片白面包/全麦面包)
100 克      红糖
2 大匙      水
125 毫升      鲜奶油
125 毫升      全脂牛奶
1 大匙      兰姆酒 (可选)
2 颗      蛋 (打散)
葡萄干      适量      

Methods:
1. Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F.
2. Tear the croissants or breads into pieces, and then divide into 4 ramekins.
3. Put some amount of raisins on the top of the bread. Set aside.
4. Put the brown sugar and water into a saucepan, and swirl around to help dissolve the sugar before putting the saucepan over a medium high heat.
5. Caramelize the sugar and water mixture by letting it bubble away, without stirring, until it turns a deep amber color.
6. Turn the heat down to low and add the cream, milk, and rum, keep whisking away until everything combined and dissolved.
7. Take off the heat, keep whisking and add in the beaten eggs.
8. Pour the custard over the breads and slightly press it down to steep and absorb the custard.
9. Bake it in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until it sets.

做法:
1. 预热烤箱至 180°C / 350°F.
2. 将牛角面包或土司切成小块,然后分配至4个烤模里。
3. 在面包上放适量的葡萄干。备用。
4. 将红糖和水放入一个小锅里, 在开火前稍为晃动锅子以帮助溶解糖。
5. 用中火将糖和水煮开,其间稍微晃动锅子但不能搅拌。将焦糖煮至深琥珀色。
6. 把火转小,加入鲜奶油,牛奶及兰姆酒,不停的搅拌至完全结合及溶解。
7. 熄火,继续搅拌,加入打好的鸡蛋。
8. 将蛋糊均匀的倒入面包中,稍微压一压以让面包吸收蛋糊。
9. 送入预热烤箱,大约烘烤20分钟至熟透。


No comments:

Post a Comment